completed some AOL addresses clogging email delivery failures

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
3,602 posts
In the past few days, these two members' AOL addresses have been creating more and more notification fails in my email activity log- see screenshot.
They both test 'deliverable' through kickbox. I'm seeing it also in my Mailguin logs and have opened a Mailgun Ticket.
But just wondering if others are experiencing AOL rejections nad/ofr if anyone has any insights as to what's going on.
I've now turned these two members' notifications OFF but I hate to do that cause they are good members.
p.s. experience has told me to not bother asking aol users to change their email address- most don't seem to have any other address... imho, it should be L O L, not A O L.
Any thoughts while i wait on Mailgun support?
Email Delivery Log.jpg

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015

updated by @strumelia: 02/21/16 03:38:54AM
brian
@brian
9 years ago
10,143 posts
Looks like the AOL SMTP server is down - that's what those 421 errors mean. Mailgun will "buffer" these for you and send them when AOL's mail server is back online. If it continues, Mailgun are ones who will know what's up, so it's good you are in contact with them.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
3,602 posts
Thanks Brian. I did hear back from Mailgun, and they said pretty much what you said and they 'moved me to a less busy IP'...after which it now seems to be settling better...so far so good but I'll keep an eye on it. I just didn't want all those rejected/fails to up my bounce rate and make it seems like I was spamming people or something. I obviously dont understand that much about how this stuff works.
Seems to be less of a problem so far today, so maybe mailgun's IP thing helped.
Thank you for helping to translate the error message!

--
brian
@brian
9 years ago
10,143 posts
No problem - that type of error isn't considered a rejected message, so it won't affect your sender reputation.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
3,602 posts
Great, since the rest of my reputation is pretty well shot. l o l

--