Former Ning CEO Speaks...

Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
8 years ago
926 posts
May 18, 2016 For what it's worth, finally "heard" from someone involved with Ning, the former Ning CEO - - and Mode Media/CEO, Samir Arora....

Blog post link:
http://jensocial.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2154984%3ABlogPost%3A520887&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_post

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net

updated by @ken-rich: 08/25/16 08:59:43PM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
3,602 posts
Also, GlamMode is offering the domain of ning.com for sale (!) :
http://whois.domaintools.com/ning.com
(update: it seems this is not actually so...d'oh)

Pack up your emergency exit suitcase and have it ready, if you haven't already left.

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015

updated by @strumelia: 05/19/16 07:52:32PM
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
8 years ago
926 posts
3 cheers for Paul and the Jamroom team for making a way for our networks to survive the Ning meltdown.

I'm a member of JenSocial so I think I'll give her a link to the Ning to Jamroom docs.

It would be a shame for someone of her talents and influence to end up at PHPFox, when she could add so much to the Jamroom platform.

--

Ken Rich
indiegospel.net
jimmyk
jimmyk
@jimmy
8 years ago
514 posts
I've never used Ning. The only thing I have to say about Ning is this:

If Marc Andreessen, whom I follow on Twitter, never even mentions Ning on his Twitter feed my conclusion is that ship has sailed. He talks about anything and everything on Twitter and in the years that I've been following him I haven't ever heard a word about Ning.

His words can sway an entire company or industry, for him to not mention a product that he's sits as Chairman, is quite unusual. My guess is that he probably collects a paycheck but really wants nothing to do with the product - which speaks volumes to me.
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,697 posts
my offer of $10 was rejected for being too low. It appears the lowest they would consider is $500.
screenshot_ning_sale.jpg

jimmyk
jimmyk
@jimmy
8 years ago
514 posts
michael:
my offer of $10 was rejected for being too low. It appears the lowest they would consider is $500.

That's hilarious! What fun you could've had with that domain name. ;-)
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
3,602 posts
Maybe we can pool our pennies together....

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015

Tags