5 years ago
3,304 posts
the text editor no longer appear s
since i think latest comments update i have no tinymc editor
what happened?

--
soaringeagle
head dreadhead at dreadlocks site
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities

updated by @soaringeagle: 02/01/20 04:48:55PM
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
Yeah the Tinymce did have some update issues in 6.4.0, theres a thread about it here:
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/forum/new_posts/62030/important-tinymce-upgrade-in-jamroom-core-640

see if that helps
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
@michael after alotta confusing and frustrating testing i discovered it works everywhere , except in comments

--
soaringeagle
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities
nate
@nate
5 years ago
911 posts
Make sure they are turned on. ACP/Modules Tab/Item Features/Comments - enable editor.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
see my new post
i think its some custom, code i use for a comment back button (on profiles only)
which really should be a default since so many dont understand and commentr on their own page in reply which never gives you a notice
in my new post i include my custom code

--
soaringeagle
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
3,602 posts
soaringeagle:
i think its some custom, code i use for a comment back button (on profiles only)
which really should be a default since so many dont understand and commentr on their own page in reply which never gives you a notice
Yes I added that hotlink "comment back" feature as well, years ago. I agree that it should be the default. Makes for a far better activity experience, and helps guide members how to logically navigate and communicate on our sites.

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015

updated by @strumelia: 10/22/19 05:50:50AM
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
is it causing the tinymce tonot load for u

--
soaringeagle
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
3,602 posts
Soaring, no my "comment back" code is not causing the tinymce editor to not load. I'm not having a problem.
However I can't be sure if my 'comment back' code is exactly the same as yours that you posted in your other thread.
Can you tell me which template, in which module, you have that code posted in? Then I could look for my commentback code and post it there for you to compare and maybe find that we are using slightly different custom codes for that? Or, I could simply post my template's code so you could look for differences. Which template are we talking about here, and in which module? (it's been a long time since I fiddled with this)

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
in the comments module

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
actually it shouldnt ..cause its in the comments posted not the comment text editor
letme look elsewhere

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
i found the bug its in 1 of the 2 most recent beta core updates, i backed out 2 levels and it was fixxed so i cant sxay for certain which beta core it was

--
soaringeagle
nate
@nate
5 years ago
911 posts
We're working on this.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
great

--
soaringeagle
brian
@brian
5 years ago
10,139 posts
There is a new Javascript loader that was created for Jamroom Core 6.4.1b5 and newer (also in Jamroom Core 6.5.0b1) that is designed to "bust" Chrome's aggressive caching which should avoid the issues that were seen in Core 6.4.0 when it was released with the update to TinyMCE 5, so this has been fixed.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

Tags