solved How to search member accounts?

researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
8 years ago
694 posts
Currently we can search member account data only by the known name or known email address of an account holder, when looking at the member list in ACP. Yet the account details of members may contain much more information depending on what signup questions and account setting fields are provided.

How can we conduct a search across all members using account data fields in total, all at the same time?

This might require only a simple tweak of a skin .tpl file somewhere.

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Migrated from Ning 2.0. Now at Jamroom 6 beta and using Jamroom Hosting for The Research Cooperative (researchcooperative.org)

updated by @researchcooperative: 03/19/17 04:39:33AM
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,692 posts
If you add that field to the ADDITIONAL SEARCH FIELDS setting found at:
your-site.com/search/admin/global

If you say, added
profile_bio
Then updated one of your profiles biography with
something avacardo and something 
Then ran the "Rebuild Index" tool found at:
your-site.com/search/admin/tools

That new field would be searched in the search results.

From there if you're using the Data Browser tab found at:
your-site.com/profile/dashboard/browser

and searched for:
%avacardo%
You would see the profile you added the string to as the only result.

You could use this technique to add other search fields to the search results as well.
researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
8 years ago
694 posts
Thanks,

I am referring not to the profile fields but the user account fields that only Admin has access to.

Since I have multiple user account fields, it would be useful for me, as Admin, to be able search for members based on information in their user accounts.

Thanks

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Migrated from Ning 2.0. Now at Jamroom 6 beta and using Jamroom Hosting for The Research Cooperative (researchcooperative.org)
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
8 years ago
2,583 posts
Same as above but for the User module go to the url your-site.com/user/dashboard/browser

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
researchcooperative
@researchcooperative
8 years ago
694 posts
Thanks very much - you have answered two questions in one.

Firstly, the Data Browser for the user module covers all the user account data, so we can search across all the fields directly - and we can do this while looking at the "Browser view" with just a single line of summary information showing for each user, or in "View Keys" mode which shows all the data fields with or without data in them. i.e. This is the admin-only search across user account data that I was looking for.

Secondly, we can edit (modify) user account data directly when viewing this information in the "View Keys" mode... which is really a back-end access route. Of course, this power should not be abused, but it does allow editorial/curatorial oversight when users make obvious spelling mistakes, for example.

I had previously tried to edit user account data when viewing individual profiles and their account holders, from the profile page, but that did not work. Password protection of account data also applies to Admin. when profile pages are viewed from the front end.

--
PJ Matthews, Kyoto
Holly Dilatush
Holly Dilatush
@holly-dilatush
8 years ago
212 posts
I have found the menus here on JamRoom so helpful that it was not until this week that I exported data to an Excel spreadsheet... and was blown away by how much MORE info is provided by JamRoom than we ever had easy access to from Ning.

My mind is still spinning with how we might do data searches and use this info in practical ways.

But I highly recommend exporting CSV and then saving as Excel workbook.

Study what you see there... note how many field sorts are possible!

You may find it provokes your thinking/planning, too.

Go JamRoom! Once again, you rock!
updated by @holly-dilatush: 12/16/16 09:34:21AM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
3,602 posts
Yeah those JR profile and user .csv files are kind of mind blowing.

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015