in progress Text in email notification of Support Ticket needs change

lornawebber
@lornawebber
6 years ago
334 posts
It's been pointed out to me that the text on an email notification to a user, regarding a support ticket, includes this wording:

"To respond, reply to this email and leave the subject line intact, or view your ticket online:
{link to support ticket supplied here}"

Our users can't reply directly to an email, they have to follow the link and reply on the site. Does this wording refer to a situation when you have a mailgun webhook?

I would like to change the wording but I can't see where to do it.
Also, I'd like to find out what's involved in allowing the users to reply direct to an email from our site.

I'd be grateful for any advice. Thank you.
updated by @lornawebber: 04/18/18 07:07:17PM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
Are you using the jamroom "Support Tickets" Module for this?
If so, look in that module's templates for one called something like: email_(somethingsomething)_message.tpl ...that would have the wording you could then change to what you like. (if you want to change the wording of the email's subject line, look at the sister template with: email_(somethingsomething)_subject.tpl

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
lornawebber
@lornawebber
6 years ago
334 posts
@strumelia - Thanks very much for that pointer. Yes, I'm using the JR Support Tickets module. All of the support ticket messages (auto-close, created, updated, priority) have that wording, so I'll have to change them all.
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
Yes, it's handy to know that you can edit emails' subject and content of notification emails by modifying the module's 'email_' templates.

For example, I've edited the email notifications my members get when they 'follow' someone to include a more detailed description of the reciprocal 'follow' system- those email templates are in the JR follow module.

One might naturally tend to think all email notification wording would be found in one of the communication modules, or in the Core. But when you think about it, it makes sense that a particular module would use its own notification email templates when a function of that module is triggered...

such as the YouTube module, when a member comments on someone else's video... the video owner would get a notification with wording about their YT video- that somebody commented on it or Liked it. It's fun and useful to customize many of those emails for various modules! :)

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015

updated by @strumelia: 01/18/18 07:35:59AM
lornawebber
@lornawebber
6 years ago
334 posts
Thanks again. Great idea.
I'm a novice with templates as ours were all set up by someone ho is no longer involved with the running of the site. I'm still trying to work out how to get the full link to an image in a notification of Like/Comment, although I'm pretty sure it's been explained to me in the past. :)
brian
@brian
6 years ago
10,136 posts
The support ticket module really works best with the webhook integration - is there a specific reason you guys don't want to use it? We'll get the templates updated with a check for the webhook to be activated - that should have already been there.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
lornawebber
@lornawebber
6 years ago
334 posts
@brian, no, not at all - I wasn't aware of webhook as an option. Thanks for the template update.
brian
@brian
6 years ago
10,136 posts
lornawebber:
@brian, no, not at all - I wasn't aware of webhook as an option. Thanks for the template update.

The webhook option is nice since your users will be able to simply respond to the email and it will show up as a ticket update.

We can help you get this setup if you want - if you do, open a support ticket and we can help.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

Tags