Upgrading to Jamroom 6.5.0

brian
@brian
4 years ago
10,136 posts
Upgrading from Jamroom 6.4.x (and earlier) to Jamroom Core 6.5.0:

- As a master admin, login and go to the ACP -> Marketplace -> System Updates
- You will see the update for the Jamroom Core 6.5.0 - update
- You should be redirected to the list of module updates that are available - if you receive any error here refresh your browser
- Once you see the module list, click on the "update" button to the right of the MARKETPLACE module
- Once the marketplace module is updated, RESET CACHES. If you get a "not found" after updating the marketplace module, refresh and go back in to the ACP -> Marketplace -> System Updates
- Reload the "System Updates" screen and you can now click the "Update All" button to install all updates

If you don't follow these steps, it's not a big deal - you just may see some modal window errors or "communication" errors since the way that modules are updated using the Marketplace module has changed a little bit and requires new Javascript to get loaded. If you see any errors you just refresh your browser and reload the System Updates screen.

If you have any issues upgrading let us know - for Jamroom Hosting customers please open a tracker and we can help get you updated. Please make sure and

If you have any questions let us know.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

updated by @brian: 06/24/23 10:16:42AM
RickStaRr
RickStaRr
@trickyricky
4 years ago
53 posts
Great Job and congrats on the latest release. I can’t believe we’re on 6.5 now, I remember the countless hours I’ve spent modding v3. Time really flies. Not to mention that my jamroom website has turned 10 years old this year. Here’s to 10 more years with you guys! 🍻
brian
@brian
4 years ago
10,136 posts
RickStaRr:
Great Job and congrats on the latest release. I can’t believe we’re on 6.5 now, I remember the countless hours I’ve spent modding v3. Time really flies. Not to mention that my jamroom website has turned 10 years old this year. Here’s to 10 more years with you guys! 🍻

Awesome - thanks for that :) It's been a fun ride for the last 17(!) years!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
RickStaRr
RickStaRr
@trickyricky
4 years ago
53 posts
Cheers to that my friend
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 years ago
3,602 posts
Thanks for the exact instructions Brian.
All went smoothly. :)

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 years ago
3,602 posts
Did you just put out Core 6.5.5 ?
I just installed 6.5.4 a couple weeks ago. Is the new 6.5.5 a big deal that might change my site?

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
michael
@michael
4 years ago
7,692 posts
This is the changelog from 6.5.5

Version 6.5.5:
 - New: Ability to define an event listener as a "priority" listener that is called first
 - New: Support added for "form_validate = false" to jrCore_form_create() to bypass Core form validation
 - New: "section_header" element added to Form Designer to allow a section header to be added to a form
 - Bug Fix: "live_search" fields had double class attributes in the output HTML
 - Bug Fix: "Repair Module DB" queue was created even if "Repair Modules" was not checked in Integrity Check
 - Bug Fix: Ordering by "display order" could be incorrect for lists made on items outside the profile

Tags