completed Disappearing edit and delete icons in comment boxes

lornawebber
@lornawebber
8 years ago
334 posts
Hi all.
This has been raised several times as an issue, most recently here: https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/forum/using-jamroom/30699/disappearing-edit-and-trash-button-glitch
It has always seemed to be an intermittent glitch.

I think I have narrowed it down so you can reproduce it.
If you refresh a page in any way, (say, add a comment, or simply refresh), and as the page is loading, position your cursor inside an existing comment box, the icons will not appear in that box until you move your cursor out of it. Move back in and they disappear.

Refresh the page, taking care that your cursor is outside of the box. When you move back in, the icons re-appear and can be used as normal.

updated by @lornawebber: 09/02/16 04:59:49AM
lornawebber
@lornawebber
8 years ago
334 posts
Is there any chance of a fix for this?
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
I've tested comments and the forum reply as you've suggested in FireFox, Chrome and Safari and I can not replicate your issue. I've not tested in IE, is that the browser your using?

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
lornawebber
@lornawebber
8 years ago
334 posts
Oh. I'm using Firefox.
I have just tried it and I still see the same problem. I can make it happen every time.
I will raise a ticket and give you specific site details, so you can try it out. It is low priority, but would be nice to iron this out. I believe @strumelia, @john-bizley and @researchcooperative have seen this issue too.
lornawebber
@lornawebber
8 years ago
334 posts
I can't produce the problem in a forum (such as this one). It happens in any Group Discussion or Page on pmp-art.com.
Refresh the page in a Group discussion or Page and before it loads, position cursor within an existing comment - the editing icons will not be available in that comment when the page is fully loaded.
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
3,602 posts
Yes I am getting the same Lorna- in Group discussion, I do as you said and it produces the glitch.
BUT- it won't do it if I merely hover my cursor over the comment while refreshing- to produce the glitch i have to hit refresh and quickly TOUCH my cursor on the existing comment text and leave it there ...when the page loads the icons are gone, and will show again only when i move my cursor AWAY from comments. Once that happens I cannot edit, quote, or delete any comment in the group discussion until I again refresh the page...then the icons behave normally again and I can click on them.

I believe Soaring Eagle was having this issue as well, BTW.

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
lornawebber
@lornawebber
8 years ago
334 posts
Further to my support ticket, @Michael has found the problem and promised a fix in the next Comments module update.
JR support is the best!
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
3,602 posts
I agree 1000% ! :)

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,143 posts
This should be fixed now in the latest comments module update - let us know if you see any issues.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

Tags