Now that Jamroom 6 has "shipped" I thought I would post a real quick "upgrade" guide for upgrading to Jamroom 6 from any version of Jamroom 5:
1) If you have a large site, put your site in Maintenance Mode.
2) Update to the new Jamroom 6 Core from the Marketplace
3) Update to the latest module updates in the Marketplace
4) RUN AN INTEGRITY CHECK with the "repair modules" option checked. This is pretty normal to do, but with JR6 it's important that this be done right away, as there are low level database schema updates that must be applied. Be patient - on a large system this could 15 to 20 minutes to run.
5) When the Integrity Check completes, reset caches
6) Rebuild the Search Index from the ACP -> Listing -> Search -> Tools section
7) IF you have customizes the jrAction "item_list.tpl" file, or any of the module item_action.tpl files, use the Template compare tool to compare your version versus the new version and bring in the changes as needed.
Let us know if you have any questions and we can help.
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
updated by @brian: 13 Sep 2017 08:10:55AM